Chicago Chapter 7 Bankruptcy Attorney
In today's economy, many people find themselves overwhelmed by debt and facing issues like foreclosure, wage garnishment and repossessions. It may take years for the economy to recover, but I may be able to help you get your own fresh financial start right now.
I am Jay A. Slutzky, attorney at law. From my office in Niles, Illinois, I help individuals and small-business owners eliminate debt and put an immediate stop to issues such as creditor harassment by filing for Chapter 7 bankruptcy protection. I represent clients throughout Chicago and the north and northwest Chicago suburbs.
Filing bankruptcy will help you:
- Eliminate unsecured debt such as credit card and medical bills and payday loans
- Put an immediate stop to adverse creditor actions such as harassment, lawsuits, foreclosure and wage garnishments
- Protect exempt assets that are protected by U.S. bankruptcy law, such as equity in your home, personal belongings and a vehicle up to certain values
During your initial consultation, I'll ask you a number of questions to determine if you are a candidate for Chapter 7 bankruptcy, such as:
- What is the value of your house?
- What is the balance owed on the mortgage?
- How deeply in debt are you?
- What types of debts do you owe?
- How much credit card debt do you owe
- What types of assets do you own?
- How much income did you and your spouse earn last year?
- What is your family status, how many family members live with you and how many dependent children do you have?
As your lawyer, I'll walk you through the steps of bankruptcy, from preparing and filing the papers to appearing with you at the meeting with the bankruptcy trustee. Once we've filed your petition and notified your creditors of the filing, the phone calls and letters from creditors and any debt collection litigation will stop.
Bankruptcy and Your Credit
Many people are under the impression that a bankruptcy filing will ruin their credit forever. If you have significant debt, however, your credit may already be about as low as it can go. The fact is that bankruptcy may actually be the quickest way to improve your credit. Within a short time after bankruptcy, you may be able to obtain a credit card, qualify for a car loan and begin to rebuild your credit and restore your credit rating.
It may take a year or two to qualify for a home mortgage, but you'll be surprised how quickly you can restore your credit rating.
For More Information about Chapter 7 Bankruptcy
I look forward to the opportunity to work on your behalf. Please call me, Niles lawyer Jay A. Slutzky, at 847-929-4498 or complete the contact form on this website to schedule a personal consultation today.
Jay A. Slutzky, Attorney at Law, is a debt relief agency. We help people file for bankruptcy relief under the Bankruptcy Code.